Sunday, December 5, 2010

Don't Forget To Blog !!!

During the course of this semester I found the blogging part much more interesting than I have thought it would be. I thought of it as an annoyance at first because after so many english and history courses, and after so many written papers I grew tired of writing. However, this was different since I had to write about stuff that happened in class or something about me personally and it is worth 20% of the grade! What could be better than that?
The blogging is defenitely a good tool to get to know people you spend time with in class. You can learn what other people think of certain issues and get to know them better like that. However, I also think it can be a hassle since many people are busy and don't really have much time to write blogs or comments to other people. There is facebook for that and until recently I used to spend so much time chatting or commenting but after  a while it gets boring. I think it can also apply here. I think writing a blog is not a hassle, but commenting other blogs can be. It is good to read other peoples blogs and know what they think, but by saying "reply to..others" it looks like an unappealing thing. Also many times I wanted to read other peoples blogs but I couldn't because they didn't write anything. Maybe commenting other people should not be mandatory because if one is interested and likes or dislakes what other person is saying, s/he whill comment the blog regardless.
The blog should defenitely be kept. Many people just forget to write it on time or do not write it at all, but I guess that is one lesson of management; do the task well and on time. Will I still write the blog after this course? The chances are really slim. I will probably forget about writing and I will be occupied with other things. I liked your blog about writing every day and getting more inteligent by doing it, but I don't find blogging very helpful in that way.    

4 comments:

  1. Hey Bosko, I also found the blog as a refreshing tool,it is so different than writing an academic writing assignment and that what that makes it interesting.
    I also think that the blog is actually a good tool for busy people since they can do it secretly during work,it is available all the time and all you need is a computer with internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comment of replying to others being a bit of an issue, like you said when you wanted to comment on some people's blogs and they didnt write anything it was hard; i experienced the same problem. Although it is good to know how everyone else is thinking, it was not so great when a large number of peoples assignments are late or a failed grade. I think that people feel like the class would be a breeze but there is always a curve ball and just like remembering what assignments are due in other classes, it is the same for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Bosko whats up. I couldnt find you on facebook. I dont want to post Julian's address here, to invite you to that party hes having... send me an email or add me there so i can send you the info. sanjanachowdhury@gmail.com or sanjana.chowdhury@b aruchmail.cuny.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found myself agreeing with you and those who commented on your post the more i read comments and blogs such as yours regarding the relevance of the blog. although i din't find it refreshing, i can see how it was for others. I also have to admit that i did found a correlation between students who normal would keep to themselves in class and those who found the blog assignment to a refreshing experience. I will be sure to give it more thought and effort in future classes.

    ReplyDelete