Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Have A Vision!

I have a couple of goals for my future which i plan to accomplish in the next 5-10 years. For starters my first goal is to finish Baruch College with the degree in accountancy with the GPA of 3.5 or higher. Clearly the only way to accomplish that is by studying hard and doing well on the exams. Also, in order to get a good job after I finish college, I have to take some internship and learn how to use my knowledge. Therefore, my plan is to find some internship during the next year or during the Spring of 2012 before I graduate. So for now my 3 primary goals are to finish college in Spring 2012, go to the internship during that time and get a job afterward.
After I get the job my plan is to look for a way to transfer into Europe. In order to do that I either have to look for a company here that needs people in Europe or I have to make enough money so that I can move there by myself and find another job. My ultimate goal is to go back to Serbia and live there. Hopefully I can get a job here that I can also do over there. In case that I don't find such a  job, I will have to stay here for another 7 years in order to make enough money so that I can live comfortably in Serbia and find a job there. Therefore my optimal vision is to leave US during the next 5years, maybe spend a little time somewhere in Europe and go back to Serbia.

6 comments:

  1. That seems very precise and realistic. A lot of people set huge broad goals for themselves, and don't know where to begin. It seems as though you have drawn yourself a map. Good luck, turning the idea into a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at your goals, I see you at these different stages in your life. As you grow and achieve one goal at a time, the next goal you have comes with time and the steps you've laid out. It's definitely a map I feel you're sure to follow and be happy with. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm majoring in accounting also, and just like you I don't plan on living in New York. I'm not going to move out of the country but I am planning to move to to San Francisco in 3-4 years. I've been keeping an eye on real estate price fluctuations! The good thing for us is that our accounting textbooks don't just stick to GAAP; they also go into upcoming IFRS standards. We can have a "vision" of what to expect when the 8 international phases are completed. Because we will no longer be in school when that is enacted, we will probably have to take some kind of continuing education courses, or adjust by learning on the job, which is kind of difficult to do when you are use to doing things a certain way. Well good luck to you and maybe we will have a few accounting classes together in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that your goals are really specific and I think it is great.
    Basiclly, If I understand right your main goal is to live and work in Serbia and all the other are the means to fulfill that Vision.
    I wish you luck in Baruch becuase by your plans it seems as a very important step.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like you have a clear cut plan for the next 5-10 years which is great. Luckily, accounting is a field that you can take all over and can hopefully be transferred to Serbia. I have a relative who is an accountant overseas but went to school and started out in the US. Its great to get to experience new places especially being able to live and work in a different country. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .So you know what you want - thats awesome! I like hearing people that know where they are going but at the same time while you may be set on leaving this country after spending a few years here, your going to get comfortable and realize you may want to stay for a few more. I only encourage you to follow your dreams and I hope you achieve your dreams

    ReplyDelete